Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Request a Document or Record Search

How Can I Get Copies From a Court File?

With some exceptions, most files in the Champaign County Circuit Clerk’s office are a matter of public record. Files can be viewed in our File Viewing Room and copies can be made from them.

If you are unable to visit the courthouse and would like copies made, you can do so by completing the form below. Please provide as much information as possible within your request. Once we receive your request we will calculate the cost for copies and inform you, via email, of the cost.

If you are unsure of your case number, you can search our site for the case number using our court case lookup system. If you are unable to find the case number, or it is not included in your request, there will be a $6.00 per year record search fee assessed.

Request a Document Form

  • Address
  • Document(s) Requested

  • Who else was involved?
  • Would you like your documents certified? * Required
  • Fees for copies from case files are as follows: $1.00 for the first page, .50 for each additional page up to 25 pages, and .25 for each additional page. Certified copies are available for $2.00 per certification.

    Once your request is received, we will calculate the total cost. An email containing the total cost for the request will be sent to the originating email address. Please submit a copy of the request, along with payment, to: Champaign County Circuit Clerk, 101 E. Main Street, Urbana, IL 61801. We accept checks, money orders, and cashier's checks as forms of payment. Requests are normally processed within 1 business day of receipt.

I Need A Background Check/Criminal Record Search. How Do I Get One?

If you need a Criminal Record search (sometimes also referred to as a Certified Copy of the Disposition) you must submit a Record Search Request, along with payment, to our office. We accept checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks as forms of payment.

Where Should I Send My Payment?

You should submit your payment to: Champaign County Circuit Clerk, 101 E. Main Street, Urbana, IL 61801.